Gidon is a partner in our litigation department and represents domestic and international corporations in complex corporate, securities and commercial disputes.
Gidon possesses particular expertise in disputes involving international aspects, representing leading international corporations and individuals in litigation, arbitration and mediation in Israel and in international arbitrations proceedings.
Gidon was recently appointed as an ICC YAF (Young Arbitrators Forum) Regional Representative, in the Africa, Middle East and Turkey Region – ICC YAF
Prior to joining AYR, Gidon clerked at the Israeli Supreme Court and worked in leading Israeli law firms in Israel as well as in Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP law offices in Wall St., New York. Gidon holds an LL.B (magna cum laude, 2008) and an MBA (magna cum laude, 2010) from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and an LL.M from Columbia University Law School, New York (James Kent Scholar and Norman E. Alexander Scholar, 2011).
Gidon is a member of the Israeli Bar (since 2009) and a member of the New York Bar (since 2011). Gidon is also a certified mediator by the Israeli Mediation Institution (since 2009).
Fluent in English and Hebrew.
Below are examples for recent representative proceedings handled by Gidon:
- Representation of an international water related corporation in a shareholder dispute against its Israeli partner in a major water desalination project in Israel.
- Representation of an Israeli hotel chain and its controlling shareholder, in a shareholder’s dispute over the control of the chain at the scope of 400,000,000 NIS.
- Representation of Malam Team, the largest integration company in the field of electronics and computing in Israel, in a dispute regarding an agreement to purchase the defendant company’s activity.
- Representation of Minrav Ltd., a leading public real estate and infrastructure company, in a dispute regarding a large-scale tender to build extensive student dormitory at the scope of 180,000,000 NIS.
- Representation of Merkavim Transportation Technologies Ltd. in regard to tenders for the operation of public transportation lines throughout the country, as well as instructions relating to reciprocal purchases and industrial collaboration with foreign bus manufacturing companies. The economic significance of this issue might reach a scope of around 300 million NIS for Merkavim alone.
Gidon also recently (April 2019) set up an International Arbitration Conference in cooperation with the ACC- Association of Corporate Counsel, in which he hosted a panel discussing the role of the inhouse counsel in international litigation – To Review