Nir joined AYR as a partner on December 2013 from Raved Magriso Benkel and Co. where he headed the Securities practice. Nir represents private and public companies through their various commercial activities and transactions in Israel and abroad, including M&A, investment transactions, public offerings, tenders, shareholders agreements, joint ventures, corporate finance, licensing agreements and regulatory issues.
Nir has gained extensive experience in various transactions involving the securities market in Israel and NASDAQ including public offerings, private placements, tender offers and merger transactions, and in advising public companies and government companies on different aspects of corporate and securities laws and corporate governance.
Nir also has extensive experience in advising and representing clients in connection with complex infrastructure projects in a variety of fields, such as water and telecommunications, public tenders and various financing transactions with banks, institutional investors such as insurance companies and others and in representation of start-up companies in different stages and aspects of their activity.In addition, Nir specializes in the field of social impact investments with experience in transactions for financing of and investments in social businesses that promote social goals such as employment and training of employees from disadvantaged populations.
Nir has gained recognition by the leading international ranking guide ‘The Legal 500’ for his accomplishments.
The guide recommended Nir’s work in the fields of: Banking and Finance; Commercial, Corporate and M&A; High-Tech and startups.
- 1997 – LL.B from Tel Aviv University, The Buchman Faculty of Law.
- 1998 – Admitted to the Israel Bar Association.
- 2000-2013 – An associate and a partner (as of 2005) in the law firm of Raved, Magriso, Benkel & Co.
- Served as a member of the Companies Committee of the Israel Bar Association – Tel Aviv District.
- 2009-2011 – Lecturer on aspects of corporate governance in directors’ training courses and in training programs for managements and boards of directors carried out by the Magid Institute for Continuing Education established by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Fluent in Hebrew and English.
- Nir represented Rami Levi Chain Stores Hashikma Marketing 2006 Ltd., one of Israel’s leading supermarket chain stores, in a transaction for the acquisition of a controlling stake in Cofix Group Ltd., a public company traded in the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange which operates one of the largest café chains in Israel and a chain of small neighborhood supermarkets, and in a transaction for the purchase of 50% of Good-Pharm Ltd. which operates a chain of drugstores.
- Nir represented Gindi Enterprise and Development Ltd. and Gindi Investments in the sale of 100% of the shares of Gindi Enterprise and Development Ltd. to Duniec Bros Ltd. in consideration for up to NIS 65 million.
- Nir represented Aspen Group Ltd., an israli public traded real-estate company, in a transactions for the acquisition of 50% of the rights in the Ramada Resort Hadera Beach hotel and of the management company that operates the hotel for a total consideration of NIS 61 million.
- Nir represented Mekorot Development and Infrastructure Ltd. (a governmental company) in in connection with a project for the design and construction of a large scale desalination plant valued at over NIS 1 billion in the city of Ashdod, Israel, including representation of Mekorot’s tender committee in connection with the public tender for the election of the project’s contractor and the turnkey agreement between Mekorot and the winning contractor.
- Nir represented Trendline Media Ltd. in the purchase of the internet activity of Tapuz People Ltd. (which included some of Israel’s leading web sites such as Tapuz, Flix and My First Homepage).
- Nir represented an Israeli company traded in NASDAQ in connection with underwritten public offering of shares , registered direct offerings and a reverse triangular merger transaction.
- Nir represented BioMedical Investments (1997) Ltd. and shareholders (including Arison Investments and Teva Pharmaceuticals) in a transaction for the sale of BioMedical to Clal Biotechnological Industries Ltd. (traded in the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange) in consideration for a combination of cash and shares and warrants of Clal Biotechnological Industries Ltd.
- Nir represented a group of Israeli and American investors in the purchase of the “Gadish” provident fund (with 20 billion NIS in total managed assets) from Bank Hapoalim.