Nir Oren is a partner in the firm since December 2013. He has been a member of the Israel Bar Association since 1998 and before joining the firm he was a partner at the law firm of Raved, Magriso, Benkel & Co. where he headed the securities practice. Nir is recommended by the Legal Experts EMEA in the field of IT and Telecom.
Nir represents private and public companies through their various commercial activities and transactions in Israel and abroad, including mergers & acquisitions, investment transactions, public offerings, tenders, shareholders agreements, joint ventures, corporate finance, licensing agreements and regulatory issues.
Nir has gained extensive experience in various transactions involving the securities market in Israel including public offerings, private placements, tender offers and merger transactions, in advising public companies and government companies on different aspects of corporate and securities laws and corporate governance, in representation of Israeli companies traded in capital markets abroad and in the formation of hedge funds.
Nir also has extensive experience in complex infrastructure projects in a variety of fields, such as water and telecommunications and in advising clients with respect to public tenders and Request For Proposals in different fields (including infrastructure projects and real estate).
- 1997 – LL.B from Tel Aviv University, The Buchman Faculty of Law.
- 1998 – Admitted to the Israel Bar Association.
- 2000-2013 – An associate and a partner (as of 2005) in the law firm of Raved, Magriso, Benkel & Co.
- As of 2012 – Serves as a member of the Companies Committee of the Israel Bar Association – Tel Aviv District.
- 2009-2011 – Lecturer on aspects of corporate governance in directors’ training courses and in training programs for managements and boards of directors carried out by the Magid Institute for Continuing Education established by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Fluent in Hebrew and English.
- Nir represented Mekorot Development and Infrastructure Ltd. (a governmental company) in various aspects of a project for the design and construction of a large scale desalination plant valued at over NIS 1 billion, including representation before the tender committee in the public tender for the election of the project’s contractor and the agreement between Mekorot and the winning contractor.
- Nir represented Trendline Media Ltd. in the purchase of the internet activity of Tapuz People Ltd. (which includes some of Israel’s leading web sites such as Tapuz, Flix and My First Homepage).
- Nir represented Agri Invest Ltd., a public company listed in the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange and Bank Hapoalim, which was Agri’s largest creditor, in the sale of Agri’s “public shell”.
- During 2012, Nir represented Rosetta Genomics Ltd. in an underwritten public offering of shares in NASDAQ and in several registered direct offerings, for an aggregate gross consideration of approximately US $37.5 million.
- Nir represented BioMedical Investments (1997) Ltd. and shareholders (including Arison Investments and Teva Pharmaceuticals) in a transaction for the sale of BioMedical to Clal Biotechnological Industries Ltd. (traded in the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange) in consideration for a combination of cash and shares and warrants of Clal Biotechnological Industries Ltd.
- Nir represented a group of Israeli and American investors in the purchase of the “Gadish” provident fund (with 20 billion NIS in total managed assets) from Bank Hapoalim.
- Nir represented Robomatix Technologies Ltd. in a transaction for the sale of Tadiran Telecom – Communication Services in Israel (distributor of Business Systems and Contact Centers) to Afcon Industries Ltd.
- Nir represented several companies (including Adler Chomski Marketing Communication Ltd. and Elran (D.D.) Real Estate Ltd.) in their public offerings of shares and bonds in the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Nir represented Haifa Chemicals Ltd in a transaction for the sale of control in Elgo Irregation Ltd. (a company traded in the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange).