"He has an excellent analytical ability that helps dismantle the components of the agreement and reach agreed-upon formulations on both sides, and mainly prevents crises that may cause the cancellation of the transaction.”
"Head of corporate law Yoav Caspi, apart from being an amazing person, is an expert in all fields related to finance, especially banking and M&A. Thanks to his knowledge and experience, transactions are made with efficiency and good-spirit"
"I have found that Yoav Caspi is able to deal with any problem promptly and in such a way that Government offices immediately respond to his personal touch."
“Yoav Caspi combines ‘a vast knowledge of the law’ and ‘a broad understanding of business needs”
“committed to clients and understands their needs”
Yoav Caspi is a founding partner of AYR and heads the Corporate Department.
Yoav’s practice focuses on hi-tech, corporate law, mergers & acquisition, venture capital investments and and banking and finance. Yoav has a rich and extensive experience in the corporate field, and has executed and accompanied major and known business deals in the Israeli market. Yoav’s broad knowledge of the law and profound understanding of business needs make him widely known and appreciated in his areas of expertise.
Yoav played a key and central role in a number of high profiled, complicated (and of large sums) finance deals that took place is Israel. Among others, in recent years Yoav led the issue of Caesar Stone, owned by Kibbutz Sdot Yam, in Nasdaq, a financing transaction for the largest residential real estate project in Israel by Gindi Tel Aviv, worth about NIS 3 Billion and one of the largest made in Israel, and completed the re-finance of Kavim Public Transportation, Israel’s second-largest public transportation in the amount over NIS 700 Million to enable the expansion of its operations and activity.
Yoav represents regularly foreign companies that invest in Israel, Israeli companies and investors operating overseas, and all in collaboration with leading law firms around the world. Yoav has close working relations with various banks and investment houses in Israel and in-depth knowledge in revolution of mutual funds and pension funds.
Yoav has gained recognition by the leading international ranking guides, every year since 2016, for his work and accomplishments:
- The Legal 500 recommended Yoav’s work in the fields of:Banking and Finance; Commercial, corporate and M&A; High-Tech and startups; Transport.
- IFLR1000 ranked Yoav as a Notable Practitioner in the practice area of M&A
Yoav has been personally recommended in field of Hi-tech, start-ups and venture capital, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, and Banking and Finance in the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2016 rankings.
Yoav launched his legal career at Yigal Arnon & Co. law firm, and after 10 years became a partner and head of the commercial department at Ron Gazit Rotenberg & Co law firm, and after that went on to establishing AYR law firm. Yoav serves as a co-chairman of the Israeli bar association corporate committee.
During his military service, Yoav was the military editor of the Israel Defense Forces’ official newspaper “BaMahane”, a military correspondent in the “Al Hamishmar” and “Hadashot”, and later went on to become the senior news editor of the daily newspaper “Maariv”. In past years Yoav was the editor of the Israeli bar association journal for 7 years.
Yoav graduated from Tel Aviv University (LL.B.) in 1997, and admitted to the Israeli Bar in 1998.
In 2007 received a masters with honours from the Tel Aviv – Berkeley Executive LL.M Program in commercial law (cum laude) in 2007.
- During recent years, Yoav led the complicated purchasing process of Israel Discount Bank (“IDB”) by the Bronfman-Shron Group, including the negotiation with the Israeli government (which sold its holdings in the bank), and obtaining all necessary regulatory permits in Israel and in several other countries around the world.
- Yoav also guided IDB in the implementation of the Israeli capital- market reform, including the representation of IDB in all the sale transactions of its mutual funds and pension funds (four deals for an aggregate consideration of above NIS 1.5 billion), and in the launching of the new field of consulting clients regarding pension savings.
- Yoav has led equity and bond public offerings for several companies on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. He was responsible for many merger & acquisition transactions, including accompanying the American-French conglomerate Vivendi’s entry into Israel through the acquisition of several Israeli companies.
- Yoav represented a number of banks and other creditors in several major Israeli bankruptcies in recent years. He also led many real-estate transactions and constructions projects. Yoav represents and advises on an ongoing basis a number of public and private companies active in the capital market, financing, real estate and Hi-tech fields.